Monday, August 18, 2014

The easiest pie you will ever make. Seriously

Praise the lord!  My first ever pie was the bomb!  I found this delicious, super simple recipe on Pinterest and it was a success.  It is a no-bake style so don't sweat about heating up the kitchen.
It's a coconut cream pie and only has a few ingredients, which I love.

what you need
2 pkg.  (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2 cups  cold milk
2 cups  thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
1 cup  BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, divided  (I used sweetened flavor)
1  ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)

make it
BEAT pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP and 3/4 cup coconut; pour into crust.  (The consistency is much thicker than regular pudding when you first mix.  I needed a spatula to get mine in the pie crust)  

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Meanwhile, toast remaining coconut.

TOP pie with remaining COOL WHIP; sprinkle with toasted coconut.

details
30 calories and 4g of fat, including 1g of sat fat, per serving by preparing with fat-free milk, COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping and a ready-to-use reduced-fat graham cracker crumb crust.

toast the coconut
Heat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut onto bottom of shallow pan. Bake 7 to 10 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.  (I toasted mine about 5 or 6 minutes, they were getting dark really quickly in the oven)

Follow more of my favorite sweets on my Pinterest board here.  Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment