Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Rewind: Racing & Relaxing + BFF in town

I don't know about you but I was not ready for the weekend to end.  I had an action-packed two days off.
Friday night, my Dad, my niece and I went to Auburndale (between Tampa and Orlando) to race.  We don't often race on Friday nights but since my Dad was already in Orlando, he wanted to cruise over.

I grabbed my niece after work and off we went.  She has only raced at a couple tracks and this would be her first time here.  She did pretty good on the drive over and was okay when we got there but all of a sudden, she got nervous and said she didn't want to race.  Being an aunt, without children of my own, it is sometimes hard for me to know the right thing to do.  Do I let her sit out or push her to go ahead....even though she says she doesn't want to.  Well, I was able to talk her into racing and she did great, in fact, she won.  The first two races she stayed in the back and all of a sudden in her last race, she zipped right up to the front.  So proud!  My Dad also won and I finished second (to my Dad).
 

We finally got back home a little after 1:00am and were back up at 6:30am for Payton's first 5k.  She ran with some girls from our soccer team and completed it in just over 31 minutes.  

Once the run was over, we had soccer practice at 10:00am in Cocoa Beach.  My co-coach wanted to mix it up and try a new location.  The girls played in just socks and they loved it.  They all wore swimming suits and would take short breaks to cool off in the water.  I was exhausted so I mostly watched but the girls had a blast.

After soccer, I was on the run again to get showered and go to a birthday party.  Our good friends Kassie and Brian's son Dylan turned one.  He is sooooo cute.  My sister and a niece came along too.


When I finally made it back home, my husband Simon's best friend (and best man in our wedding) came over.  He lives in Atlanta but was in Jacksonville visiting his mom so he came down for the weekend.  We went to one of my favorite restaurants, Taverna Opa and enjoyed some delish greek food and had so much fun!

Sunday we relaxed by the pool (I failed to get any pictures) and we had some friends over.  We called it a day about 6:00 and went to Grills restaurant on the river.  Check out these amazing views!  They have some nicer seating inside but there was a touch of a breeze so we decided to sit outside.  
And, that's a wrap!  I am ready to put in a solid week at work and do it all over again.  Happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment