Thursday, August 7, 2014

Secrets of white teeth and soft soles

Random post today!  I have a few new discoveries that are share-worthy.  I loves great products and how things are always evolving and improving.  Ways to make everyday life more convenient are always welcome in my book.  

First up: tootsies.  I paint my own nails but treat myself to a pedi every 2-3 weeks.  I cannot stand to have rough heels and every morning as I moisturize, I notice if my heels are smooth or need a touch-up in between appointments.  The razor is the old-school heel tool but the tool below is not only a little safer to use, it's super cheap and highly effective.  It looks a lot like a cheese grater and does great with keeping those heels soft and sandal ready.  I keep mine in the shower so I can rinse off right afterwards.  It's lightweight and is perfect.  It's similar to a Ped-Egg if you've tried that but much, much better and less abrasive.  
I ordered mine on Amazon here.      

Next up: Bright, white teeth.  I have a few tips on this.  Back when I was married (2001), I first learned of Crest Whitestrips.  I used a set then and have been hooked since.  Now, I only do one strip every month or two and it helps keep stains away.  If you try to use the entire set at once, which is good to do once (then maintain)...your teeth can get sensitive.  Sensodyne toothpaste is great to use while you use the set.  If you do them one at a time, spread out, you shouldn't feel the discomfort.

For day-to-day, prevention is key.  I drink nearly everything (except clear beverages) from a straw.  I don't smoke and don't drink coffee but I am a southern gal so sweet tea is the norm.  Straws play a big key is prevention.  If straws are not available I usually choose a clear drink.  If that isn't possible, I have found that if must must sip a dark drink, follow with water before the stains set in.
I love trying toothpaste and this is my current fave.  It's minty with some whitening.  I have tried nearly every brand available and will hop around some but this one is good.  
What are your beauty secrets when it comes to white teeth and soft feet?  I love trying new techniques and products so please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment