Hey friends! I am back from a great week. My work has an annual retreat in Islamorada down in the Florida Keys and we had a super time. The guys take a fishing trip and this girl gets to go to the spaaaaaaaaa. We typically go a little earlier in the year but last week proved to be perfect temps and I swear it kept everyone in a better mood than usual. The summer heat down there is no joke.
I don't take many personal trips. Seems like most getaways are event related and this trip made me excited for future trips with our little boy. Cheers to a great week!
Our first Halloween with our little boy. We will be heading out with the fam tonight for our annual Trick-or-Treating. I ran my first ever 5k over the weekend. We had 10 family members run and had a great time. It was tough to complete but I felt great afterwards.
I hope you are off to a great week. Happy Halloween!
Hello from the other side! We have power back on and all is well in the world. We escaped Hurricane Matthew by about 50 miles. He stayed more eastern than projected and didn't make a direct hit.
Last week was crazy. We haven't had a big hurricane here in prob 10 years. SO MANY of my friends and family stayed in their homes for the storm. I headed west to Orlando with the baby and stayed with family. I took an early nap and watched the storm from The Weather Channel. When Jim Cantore shows up in your county, you know things aren't going to be good.
A big sigh later, we made it through. There are trees down everywhere and we were out of power 3.5 days but no damage to the house. Here are some pics from around us. The flooded pics are about an hour north of us. So sad. Hopefully the families impacted recover quickly.
Hey friends! Happy Fall. I hope y'all had a super weekend. We did mostly soccer and got to take eight girls from my team to the women's professional soccer game here in Orlando. They had the best time. It was so special to see them happy and grinning from ear to ear. They got to get some player autographs and hang out all weekend. Making memories they will have for a long time.
I also got in some photos of my sweet boy. He turns three months old on Friday. Those smiles make me melt. Cheers to a great week!
Hey friends. How is your home screen looking these days? I have found myself with more apps than ever. I do a good amount of downloading and deleting but still have several screens worth.
1. Since I had the baby, I wanted to be more accountable for eating and activity to drop the baby weight and like the free app, My Fitness Pal. I wasn't one of the lucky ones whose weight just "melted right off" with breastfeeding so I am having to do it the old fashioned way. Booooooo
2. Another new fave is the free app INK that allows you to create custom greeting cards and mail them, all from your phone. You can send as a postcard or greeting card with envelope and they have lots and lots of great, modern templates and they mail them for you.
3. Another good app is EBATES. I am new to the app but my sister has been using for a while and gave me the tip. You click on the site, find stores you shop at, activate the coupon, cash back, or rebate and shop away. I have averaged $8-$15 each purchase and they send you a check. I think it works but them splitting discounts with you. I have used Neiman Marcus, Sephora, and Nike so far.
4. This is a great idea but I am terrible at remembering to use it. I have the Target 5% off card and you can save even more if you use the CartWheel app. New deals come out on Sunday. If I sit down and browse then, I am good. If I am just dropping in for a shopping run, forget it. I cannot seem to remember to use the app.
5. This app was saved for last as my fave. The Hangouts app is something I use with my nieces to text back and forth. It lets you send pics, send stickers (emojis) and even works as a phone. They have only called me once. It was 4:15AM to tell me they missed the baby and asked me to send more pictures.......at 4:15 in the MORNING. On a school night. haha They got their tablets taken away for a week but I couldn't stop laughing. My sister couldn't believe it. I feel so bad for telling on them because it was for such a sweet gesture. We had to set boundaries of no calls from 10:00pm-8:00am.
I also love the typical social media apps but everyone has those already. Except my husband, Mr. Anti Social Media. :)
Hope you're having a super week. It's still raining raining raining here so we are left to just snuggle up inside. I am not complaining.