Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Best shampoo to avoid brassy blonde

This summer I finally found a way to beat the brassy red and gold tones away...by going blonde.  My hair is medium-dark brown hair naturally and with all of my outdoor activities, that brown hair loves to flash gold tones.  My stylist recommended going super chunky blonde this summer and it has been so much better for me.  I used to last about two weeks before the "gold/red" paranoia set in and going blonde has given me peace of mind.  (That sounds so dramatic but trust me, if you have the same prob, you can feel my pain)

At my last haircut I felt like I needed to do "something" to my hair but I wasn't sure what to do.  I think it was mostly out of habit to get my hair colored so I did a quick consult and the only thing recommended was a clarifying shampoo followed by using this awesome shampoo to brighten the blonde and get rid of brassiness.  It's made by Global Keratin and is called silver (Versus violet, which is more common).
You can get this on many online sites and mine was about $25.00.  It is recommended that you clarify shampoo and follow up with this Silver shampoo afterwards.  It can feel a little drying, probably due to the combo of the clarifying right before so be sure to condition.  It also doesn't bother the dark shades.  (I was worried it would make the dark hair lighter but no....no issue at all)

If you have blonde, this is a good step, especially if you are outside a lot and/or have done lots of swimming in the pool and can use some brightening without drastic measures.  Trust me, ladies....you'll love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment