Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Weekend Rewind: Easter

Dang, I hate to complain but I am sick of being sick.  I have been bogged down off and on the last few weeks feeling under the weather every four or five days.  After much denial, I am realizing that I may need to eat better, rest more and maybe even take vitamins.  Ahhhh.....so sad.  I am not in my 20s anymore. :(
Moving on to happier subjects....EASTER!  I conquered a little Pinterest project I saved.  Since our family is into racing, I created little go-kart racing Peeps with Twinkies and Swiss Cake Rolls.  I used crushed Oreos as the race track.  The kids loved them.

I also got a sad realization that my oldest nephew Shane is now taller than me, even with heels on.  He was the first born and we are very close.  He has been standing head to head with me for a year, telling me he would be taller soon and in the last few months he has sprouted up a couple inches.  


 I normally do baskets for the kids but this year I decided to do towels.  I caught them on sale with Pottery Barn {here}.  I got the full size towels and had their names added to them.  Our family spends all summer boating and these are sure to get tons of use.  They each also got a new pair of summer flip-flops.  They loved them and the embroidery came out so cute.
It wasn't long after lunch the kids slipped into swimsuits and although they were freezing, they had a great time.

Simon sighting! I was hoping for a nice photo with a pretty background but this is the best we got. My husband is as bad as a child, he hates pictures.  Add that to the kid's new favorite trick, hopping into pictures at the last second and it's nothing short of an adventure.  
 Hope y'all are off to a super week!


No comments:

Post a Comment