Thursday, June 12, 2014

In the kitchen: My new fave food (on almost everything)

I have been such a dare devil lately.  I bought my first pair of black jeans last month, had (and loved) my first mojitos and have a new favorite food.  Food topping, actually.  French Fried Onions.
Yes, the same fried onions used in green bean casserole.  First, let me say I do not like onions.  At all. Somehow these tasty treats have made their way into our pantry and have been on lots of dinner plates lately.  
I first added them when we had friends over for a cook-out.  I had my best dishes out with toppings and took a peek in the pantry for anything to fancy them up.  This did the trick.  Our guests loved adding them to their burgers.
My second experience was with mashed potatoes.  H-e-l-l-o.  Delish.
Most recently I took a hint from Chick-fil-A (they add roasted red pepper strips to salads) and sprinkled some in my side salad.  Just as good.  
If you are like me, these onions only made it in my cart November and December.  Trust me, when walking down the canned veggie isle, grab a container of these and sprinkle away.  Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment