Friday, June 6, 2014

Adventures in Destin, Florida

Last week we had our annual Adams Homes manager retreat in Destin.  Aside from the seven hour drive (booooooo), it's a really great trip.  The ride up is actually not bad because everyone in the car is chatting and excited to get there.  The ride home, however is a looong trip back.
This year we stayed in a new place and I wanted to share a few snippets from the trip.

The trip started off with a little snafu, once we got to Destin I was in charge of getting liquor for the weekend and my credit card was declined.  My bank, Chase called me right away.  I was still in the store and they explained that it had been declined since I was out of town and had never made an alcohol purchase that big. Too funny.  It was only $300.00 but for Chase it was too much.  Once I explained I was there for a work trip and authorized the charge, my card was turned back on and we were back in business.

Once we were loaded up we headed to our condos.  This year we stayed at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village and it was great!  There are some resident owned units there, mixed with vacation rentals.  The condos were top notch and I plan to return with my husband.  These condos are waterfront and the complex has a pool, hot tubs, restaurants and room service.  Love, love, love this place.

Check out the view of the condos from the water.  (We had a half-day boat trip)

There is always one daredevil in every group.  One of my colleagues tried the JetPack adventure.  It was about $200 for the package he chose and he had a blast.  He highly recommends it.  Five of us went out on the boat with him and it was so fun.



Meet the crew!  (Most of them anyways)  I am all the way in the back.  This was a lunch we enjoyed after morning meetings.  They are such a fun group. This trip was the perfect way to start summer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment