Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My BBL journey - Day 1

BBL - have you heard of it?  Broad Band Light treatment.  Today I had my first treatment and took a few photos to monitor my progress over the next week.  For those new to BBL, here is a summary of what it does:

How does BBL work?
The light energy delivered by the BBL will gently heat the upper layers of your skin. The heat absorbed by the targeted areas will stimulate your skin cells to generate new collagen. This will help restore your skin to its natural beauty, blending its natural colors and making it smoother, vibrant and younger looking. In addition the photothermal energy will target and eliminate many of the fine vessels that cause redness and the unwanted melanin responsible for pigmented lesions.
Basically, this Florida girl now has to spend her hard earned money to repair bad decisions made during my 20's.  I tanned indoors, I tanned outdoors, I even did "cocktails" where I hit the tanning bed and followed up with a spray tan.  These days I am a spray-tan only girl but my face is yet to forgive me.     
The BBL treatment is meant to help cell turnover and rid of the dark spots on my face.  I am convinced that taking birth control pills has also contributed to the dark spots but that is just a guess.  My face doesn't normally look like these photos shown but the treatment immediately brought any discoloration to the surface.  
Fast forward to my treatment, it was about 25 minutes total and for the most part, comfortable.  A clear gel was applied to my face and the light was applied in little zaps using a hand-held tool resembling a price scanner.  I some some mild tingling for a couple hours afterwards but it quickly diminished as the night went on.  So, here you go.  A few make-up free (except leftover mascara and eyeliner) shots of the sun spots I am seeking to repair.  By week's end, I am hooping these spots have faded and are a thing of the past.  I will do at least one more treatment in another couple months.  I don't normally have cheeks this rosy, I am guessing it's some irritation from the heat treatment.  (These pictures were about three-hours after)
Luckily, I don't have wrinkles yet and the doctor asked me if I had botox in my forehead.  No botox for me yet but I can probably be talked into in fairly easily. :)  Finally, this big fivehead forehead of mine got a compliment.  I am sure I will be obsessed over these next few days checking the mirror but will report back on the progress.  Have you done anything like this yet?  Please tell!    
  

1 comment: