Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Weekend Rewind: A little bit of everything

Hey friends.  Hope you are off to a great week.  I had a rare weekend with no soccer and no racing so we packed in several other events. :)

To zip back to Friday, a high school friend Marc, invited me to a business event Friday at the Amway Arena.  He works with Fox Sports where they hosted Court of Dreams, an annual event where you do some networking and get to play basketball on the official NBA court.  I was terribly worried because I am 5'2" and haven't played basketball since junior high and this was the real deal.  We had two Orlando Magic announcers, officials and played in a mini-tournament for an hour or so.  We had a lot of fun although I didn't have the courage to actually shoot until the last few minutes.


Fast forward to Saturday....my niece Payton competed in her first wakeboard competition.  It started at 9:00am so no sleeping in for me.  The weather was amazing and she did great.  It was her first time competing so she was a little nervous but it was a fun experience.  She is amazing.  I took my camera and got some great pictures.





Once I got home Saturday we had a little relaxing by the pool and had to prepare for a BUSY Sunday with a baby shower in the morning and my husband's birthday party in the afternoon.  I have lots to share (recipes + gift ideas) from those events in the days to come.......I will sign off for now with a cute pic of my niece Logan and my husband before we started the Sunday festivities.


No comments:

Post a Comment