Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekend Rewind: Adventures with Dad

Just when I thought summer temps were here, we ended up with a three-day cold snap.  Saturday was a wild day.  After a last minute racetrack change due to rain, we leave to go to Tampa Saturday morning.  About halfway there, we got a flat tire on the trailer.  With all the towing we do, it's not that unusual but still such a bummer.  
My pops is a pro and had the tire changed and us back on the road in about 15 minutes. 


After getting back on the road we were stuck in traffic an extra hour from a wreck on I-75.  And I thought we were having a bad day.......


I am on the road so much for work and I really take for granted how often I get to go from destination to destination without any issues.  
We got to the racetrack more than an hour late and it was packed.  We ended up having a good night but ended really late and once again, it was nearly 2:00am before I was home.  I swear I am out late more often with my Dad than I when I was in my 20s.  


Sunday was a day of rest.  I caught up with one of my closest girlfriends of 20+ years and we went to Port Canaveral for lunch.  The weather was beyond picture perfect.  The skies were so blue, it was like a postcard.  I had the best company too.  No matter the time or distance, we always pick up like we are still in high school.  I truly cherish the friendships I have now, especially those that have extended decades.  
I finally kicked my cold from last week and am ready for a super week.  I have some fun stuff to share from last week....stay tuned.  



No comments:

Post a Comment