Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Recipe: Overnight Breakfast Casserole (no morning cooking)

Disclosure:  These pictures are terrible.  The dish is so delish and these pictures do NOTHING to back up my claims.  :)  I LOVE recipes like this because you can add nearly anything you'd like.  It's one of those great dishes that you can throw together with what you have around the house.

I used:
30 oz frozen hash browns
Two - 8 oz. packets of diced ham from the meat department
Two cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese 
Diced green pepper
12 eggs
One cup of milk
Salt and pepper to taste

We have a 4-quart slow cooker and I put it on low for 8 hours.  

Add hash browns to the slow cooker, add diced ham, veggies, add two cups of cheese.  Mix 12 eggs plus one cup of milk and salt/pepper to taste and pour over mix.  Fold in and start slow cooker.

Recipe variations: Sausage, veggie variety, cheese variety of your choice.  My husband and niece woke up before me and it was perfect to wake up to breakfast ready to roll.  No cooking AT ALL!  They loved it and so did I.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment