Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Rewind

Hope you enjoyed the last couple days off.  We had an action-packed 48 hours.

Friday night, we went to my sister Holly's house to celebrate a birthday.  Our little niece, Karmie turned five.  We had a dinner-time pool party, of course filled with music and dancing.  My nieces love to dance and it is so funny to watch them.
 

Payton and one of her friends/soccer teammates stayed the night and we all rode to soccer together on Saturday for Payton's first ever tournament.  Uncle Simon is a savior when the kids come over.  He prepared breakfast for the little athletes and helped me get everything together for the day.
 

And, we're off!  We headed to the fields at 9:00 am for the first of three games, over the next 24-hours.  We listened to the girls' favorite songs all the way down to get them fired up (and help forget about jitters).  It was soooo hot.  My forehead is burned and I now have arm and ankle tan lines.  The girls did great for their first showing and by Sunday afternoon, I was exhausted.  We went through six gallons of Gatorade (plus their own waters), two bags of apples, lots of bananas, star fruit and anything else we could to keep their energy up as much as we could.
 
In between our games Saturday and Sunday, Payton and I also raced.  I don't know how she does as much as she does, she is a tough little chic.  We had a great night of racing.  Payton and I both won and my dad was second.  My twin nieces, Logan and Taylor also ran.  They are so cute to watch their tiny little bodies in those karts.  


 
I finally made it back home Sunday afternoon and we had a quiet end to the weekend.  Simon had the games on and I relaxed with the pups.  We are so far, so good with the two boys that were sick last weekend.  
Hope you have a super week.  I heard we have a cold front coming, so hopefully we get some cooler temps in the days to come.    




No comments:

Post a Comment