Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Guest room update

Fall has me the in mood for decorating.  I have been working to declutter and organize as much as possible.  I moved my efforts to our guest bedroom this week.  I still have some work to do but I am chipping away at updates.

We have a new HomeGoods store nearby.  While I have only been there a few times, I have managed to find something fresh each time.  I got some new lamps a month or so ago.  They are a slate blue/gray color with linen colored shades.  I really wanted to go for the coordinated but not matched look but I am almost convinced you can't plan for it...it has to just happen.

My newest update was a new headboard.  Have you heard of Joss & Main?  It has some super deals and really fast shipping.  I had been to Pier One and found some nice headboards and I cruised thru Ikea but didn't really see much that I liked.

I looked at Joss & Main, actually looking for rugs and found a simple headboard that I decided would work for my guest room.  I have been b-e-g-g-i-n-g Simon to change the one in our room but he is a creature of habit and takes a little while to sell.

So, here goes.....my before and after.

Nothing too crazy, but a nice little freshen up.  There were lots of headboard styles but I decided on an oatmeal colored headboard with a little shape and nailheads to finish it off.  Finding ANYTHING less than $300 is a challenge (queen bed) and I scored this for $168.00!  
So exciting.  It has finished legs that only need three screws each to assemble (and the holes were pre-drilled).  Whatcha think?  




No comments:

Post a Comment