Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Guest Room Essentials

Hope you are off to a good start for the week.  I came home from work early Friday and spent the weekend battling a cough and sore throat.  Yesterday I wasn't better so I stayed home and spent most of the day on the couch watching HGTV and court shows in between naps.  Hopefully I am back on track over the next couple days.

Last week I freshened up my guest room headboard and while I was in there, I did a little pre-planning for our next guests.  This article written by by friend Annie gave me a good starting point and I have a few new suggestions to add for guest room perfection.



1.  Some rolled towels and wash cloths really go the extra mile for guests.

2.  Gift your guests some data by sharing your wi-fi password on one of these adorable, printable cards you can snag from Pinterest.

3.  A small tray to hold watches and jewelry helps ensure guests can easily find their special possessions.  C Wonder has a really cute one here

4.  House keys so your guests can come and go as they please.

5.  Some sample-sized soaps and shampoos are always appreciated for guests that flew in and are limited on their toiletries.

6.  I am not the best packer so I always appreciate easy access to an iron or steamer.

7.  I have mirrored by-pass closet doors so guests can use them for dressing.  An inexpensive stand up mirror will do the trick just fine.

8.  Speaking of travel, if you have local tolls.  A transponder or a roll of quarters to pay their tolls would be really appreciated, especially since most people don't keep much cash on them.

What are your guest room favorites?  Be sure to check out more ideas here.


1 comment:

  1. ahh I love the idea of the iron!! I need to add that to my guest room :) I've also been meaning to add the wi-fi password too!

    ReplyDelete