Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Weekend Rewind - Racing + Shane turns 14

Is it possible my first-born nephew is now 14?  Seems like just yesterday he was born and next year he can get his driver's permit.  And.....his auntie (me) is still trying to figure out the perfect time to have a child.
S-i-g-h.
Anyways, happy birthday to my cutie pie, sweet nephew Shane.  The first to break thru the brown hair/brown eyes combo in our family.  We have so many great traditions (summer, winter and spring break trips), school shopping together and now we text funny pictures or jokes to each other and have fun pranking the little cousins.

Pops and I snuck out of town Friday night on a four-hour drive to Georgia for racing.  We got there and were welcomed by muddy dirt roads and country mosquitos.  Booooo.  Luckily I snagged my niece Payton's mud boots and was able to venture around and somewhat stay clean.


We woke up early Saturday morning and were able to get our racing in before the storm hit.  My dad and I don't usually race together in the same class on big races but he was certain it would rain and hopped in my class since it was one of the first out.  We ended up 4th (me) and 5th (him) but the best part was we were swapping positions back and forth several times the last laps and were nearly side by side taking the checkered flag.  I am so lucky to have these great weekends together and make so many memories.  
We headed back late Saturday night and Sunday was a lazy day watching the World Cup game, NASCAR and some house cleaning.  This week is a little travel for me at work and we are back racing this weekend.  

Happy Tuesday y'all!  Make it a great week!  



No comments:

Post a Comment