Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Recipe: Peanut butter Cheerio treats {5 ingredients}

It's Christmas week!  So exciting.  I am 99% done with shopping, just need to get stocking stuffers and I am ready.  We are hosting Christmas Eve dinner and I am preparing some treats for the fam.  I have a couple to share this week.  This first is so simple and so tasty.  You will love them!


Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
5 cups Cheerios

Directions:
In a large pan, combine sugar and Karo syrup on medium heat and bring to boil.  
Next, add vanilla and peanut butter and stir until smooth.
Pour in Cheerios and stir to coat evenly.
Let cool on wax paper.  I used an ice cream scoop for even clusters.  

Quantity:
This recipe made about 40 clusters when using ice cream scoop.  I boxed some up for my office and they loved them.  Perfect for large gatherings.

Variations:
Shape into trees or wreaths
Use different flavor Cheerios





No comments:

Post a Comment