Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Back from Texas

I had a w-h-i-r-l-wind of a weekend.  Saturday morning we had a soccer game.  Our girls team has. progressed so much and we ended with a victory.  We were so excited that we went over to treat ourselves for some ice cream at Dairy Queen.

After DQ I went straight to the go-kart track, changed clothes and started practice.  I saw on the news that several areas were getting rain on Saturday and as soon as I got to the track it started to lightly rain.  We ran off and on for the next couple of hours but I wasn't able to get much racing in before I had to leave.
I left the track at 4:30, headed home, grabbed a shower and left just before 5:30 to head to the airport.

Everything was so smooth considering I had a busy day.  I got lucky at the counter and was offered a free upgrade to first-class and it worked out perfect.  I got through security in less than 10 minutes, made it on the plane and landed in Texas in just a couple hours.  I flew into Dallas Fort Worth and we stayed at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine.  It was beautiful.  I got in about 10:00 and met up with with my friends from work that were on the trip.  Luckily, we gained in hour going to central time and another hour with the time change.
We woke up and met downstairs Sunday morning at 8:15 and took a bus to the Texas Motor Speedway. We were treated to a full-day at the racetrack with tours of the areas the teams are and a meet and greet with a driver, Jeff Burton.  We did a lot of walking around and have a lot of fun.
We left the track, came back to the hotel and grabbed some dinner before I went up to my room for the night.
Monday morning came really early and I had to be downstairs to head to the airport at 4:30 am. What was I thinking asking for a morning flight out?  Bad idea!
I landed before 10:00am and made it to my office before lunch.  I am off and running to another busy week.
Have a great week friends. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment