Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Rewind

Last week was a whirlwind.  Work has been busy and add my wife, auntie, daughter duties to that and the days fly by.  Friday night, Simon and I grabbed a dinner and called it a night early.  Saturday was filled with two soccer games and a night of racing.  I left at 8:00am Saturday and got home just before 10:00pm.

Three of my nieces play soccer together and they are so cute.  I didn't start playing quite as young as they did and it's amazing at the determination they have at just five years old.  It was pouring rain at the start of their game and they played like they didn't even notice.  My Dad and I took shelter in our cars and watched the first half-from the parking lot.
 The little kids' game ended and next up was my oldest niece, Payton's game at 11:30.  She is u10 competitive and I am one of her coaches.  We are in our first season of competitive and it's the first time that we are playing to win every game and they keep scores and team rankings.  We won our first game 11-2 and won last weekend's game 4-3.  It was a nail biter with the score being so close.  I was so glad my girls didn't give up and we got the game winning goal in the last quarter.  

 After two soccer games, we grabbed some lunch and headed to my Dad's house to get ready for a night of racing.  My Dad and I both race and three of my nieces do too.
 My youngest little racer, Taylor.  She has my same number.
My mini-me, Payton.  I got so sunburned from being outside all day.  She also happen to run a 5k before her game AND racing.  #supastar 



That's a wrap!  Simon and I relaxed on Sunday.  He had a couple friends over to watch the game and I had the race on.  I have another action-packed week ahead.  I am on the road a few days for work and then head to Tuscaloosa for the Florida vs Alabama game with friends.  

On the rooaaddd again! :)  Have a super week friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment