Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Rewind: Tuscaloosa

Roooollllll Tide!

We headed up to T-Town for the weekend with eight friends for the Alabama vs Florida game.  It was so much fun!  We took off work Friday and headed to Tuscaloosa.  Our friends in Mobile handled our accommodations through Game Day Housing.  Local families move out for the weekend and rent their homes to guests in town for the game.  What a neat concept.

Friday night we went to the strip and hung out at the house so we could be up early for game day!  We hit several tailgates before heading into the game.

Me, Annie and Tiffany


Simon and I

After the game, we went to visit my father-in-law's best friends.  My FIL passed away a little more than a year ago so it was bittersweet visiting with his best friends.  My husband did pretty good but it was a little emotional for him.  Their family has an awesome condo one block from the stadium.  It is decorated in school colors and has a great balcony looking at to the stadium and all the fun going on nearby.  There are several former players that also have units in the same complex.  So fun!

I am happy to be home.  I was travelling all of last week and I only slept in my bed Thursday night.  Phew!
Home sweet home.  Hope you have a super week!  



No comments:

Post a Comment