Thursday, April 30, 2015

Adventures with Auntie: Back-flips, lost teeth & candlelight dinner

My streak is broken......14+ years with NO accidents when the kids come over.  14 years....that's a lot of weekends.  Well, my record is tarnished and it happened last weekend.
I pretty much go by the honor system at my house.  I ask them if they are allowed to do _______ and trust they give me an honest answer.  (First hint that I am not a parent, haha)

Friday started off great.  I picked three of my nieces up on my way home from work and my husband ordered pizza for us.  They requested to eat on the back porch and a first time request...to eat by candlelight.  

After dinner, it was time to swim.  We had the music blasting and all was well.  The girls are doing canon balls, diving and back flips.  Well, after 20+ backflips, Logan came up a touch short and found the wall.  Poor girl.  Auntie stayed calm and avoided total chaos but I felt so bad.
Logan asked if she could see her injury but stayed amazingly calm when she did.  A little wimper but that was it.  Phewwwww.......  No more back flips for a while.

 

We got all the girls in the house and tried out a Pinterest recipe I found.  Oven baked waffle cone s'mores.  They of course, loved them.
 

 

Logan had an adventurous day.  She had also lost a tooth so we were on double-duty and our second tooth fairy responsibility.  Thank goodness Simon was home because I fell asleep before the girls and totally forgot.  Simon woke me up at 3:00am when he remembered and we got the silver dollar in exchange for the tooth.  Logan woke up at 6:15 and ran around squealing with excitement that the tooth fairy came.  Phew...another close call.  

Saturday was a typical day...soccer in the morning and racing the rest of the day.  This is my team. Aren't they the cutest?!  My nine little ladies.  
This week has been busy, busy and my Dad and I head to Georgia Friday night to race.  Hope you've had a super week!    






No comments:

Post a Comment