Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Slow Cooker: 5 ingredient Chicken Tortilla Soup


This is as easy as it gets! 5 ingredients.  About 5-6 hours...makes enough for 4-6 people.

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 jar of salsa 
1 can of black beans (add to taste)
1 32oz chicken broth

Prep: (Less than 5 minutes)
Spray no-stick spray for easier cleanup
Place chicken breasts along the bottom of the cooker
Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken
Pour in jar of salsa
Drain black beans and pour in.  (I used the flavor above and poured in without draining)
Pour in chicken broth.

Cover - Cook on high for 5-6 hours, depending on your cooker.
Remove 30 minutes before, shred chicken and pour back in.

Alternatives: I wish I added corn to mine.  I thought about it at the store but forgot to add once I got home.  My husband added a little shredded cheese to his and enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment