Monday, October 12, 2015

A week of travels

I am baacccckkk after being on the road five days last week.  I was home Monday, gone Tuesday thru Thursday for work and left Friday after work to head to the races with my Dad.  

We had the weekend off soccer but a parent sent me some pics of the little ladies in their special jerseys this month.  My co-coach, James surprised the girls with some pink tops.  My grandmother and aunt both passed away from breast cancer.  My MIL just celebrated her first year of remission so we thought it was a great time to talk to the girls about it and show some support.

While on the road last week, we stopped at a really cute casual BBQ spot in Jacksonville for lunch.  It has the sweetest decor of lots of homemade lighting using mason jars and kitchen tools.  I am not a huge BBQ eater but the sliced turkey, green beans, and mac-n-cheese lunch was great.  


While in Jacksonville, we stayed on the beach overnight.  Although we got an early start, I managed to enjoy a quick peek of the beach while I ate breakfast.


Friday night my Dad and I headed to Tampa to race.  We usually get in late Friday night, drop off the trailer and head to a hotel.  We are usually up around 6 and gone by 6:30 the next morning and usually go for 16-20 hours.  It's a looonnnggg day but we have the best time together.  I usually complain about the heat, the dirt and the economy hotels but our neighbors really roughed it.  They camped out...talk about dedication.  They didn't have a way to lock up their trailer and I felt bad because it was raining when we got there.  Poor guys.  #KartLife    

 
 After several hours of rain delay, we finally hit the track about lunch time.  I was quick all day and had two top-5 finishes.
 My little niece Karmie turned 6 on saturday.  She is such a sweetie.  We are doing a little family dinner tonight to treat her since Dad and I were out of town.
Speaking of parties, I am throwing a co-worker a surprise luncheon for his 20 year anniversary with the company.  I'll post some pics later this week. Should be a great time. 
Hope y'all are off to a great Monday!  I am feeling rested and ready to rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment