Tuesday, May 12, 2015

5K+ TPC + Orlando City + Mother's Day

Phew....another jam-packed week.  Last week we packed in lots of fun.  
To start, my little soccer team did a 5k for Nemours Hospital.  My nieces have made many visits over the years to Nemours so we thought it was the perfect choice to support.  The girls had so much fun and we also got a few moms to run with us.
 On Friday, I headed to Ponte Vedre for our annual work outing to TPC at Sawgrass to catch The Players Championship.  The course is BEYOND beautiful.  If you haven't been to anything like this, you must.  Grounds passes aren't very expensive and are worth every penny.
 We followed Tiger for a few holes.  He still has the biggest following of all the players and you can hear the crowd cheering him on from almost anywhere on the course.

After a lovely day at TPC, I headed south and caught my first pro soccer game.  Orlando has a new team, Orlando City and my brother-in-law got us tickets to catch a home game.  Turns out, soccer has tailgating similar to football and although we got there just before the game started, we passed lots of fun gatherings on the way in.
 My niece was sooooo excited to catch the game.  Can you tell?!!!

OC rallied from two points behind to score a 2-2 tie.  The stadium was more than half full, which seems like a victory since soccer isn't one of the most followed sports in America.
Speaking of soccer, these little ladies had another amazing game Saturday and sealed the deal on our first place ranking in the league.  Aren't they the cutest?  They are just as sweet as they are adorable.
Sunday was of course, Mother's Day and I am sad to say I got zero pictures.  Booooo
Simon and I went out and about to deliver flowers to the special moms in our lives and we had flowers delivered to his mom and grandmother in NC.

I am on the road the next few days for work and am looking forward to some outings at the end of the month.  Memorial Day relaxation sounds great about now......hope you are off to a super week!

No comments:

Post a Comment