Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What I thought about what I bought - Cosmetics

What I thought about what I bought - Cosmetics




1. The Body Shop - Honey Bronze:  I like this.  I have only used it twice so I am still learning how to use it best, but so far, so good.  It's labeled as a dry oil but it's a liquid product.  There is a very small hole in the lid and you have to shake out the product like ketchup from a jar but once you get the hang of it, it comes right out.

2. Bliss - Mattifying Pads:  Another good product.  This is a great oil remover but doesn't leave your face feeling tight.  It's also got a little texture so it helps give a deep clean.

3.  Cover FX - Mattifying primer:  This is pretty good.  It goes on clear and feels light and does a fairly good job as a mattifier.

4. NARS - Bronzer/blush combo:  I bought this in the impulse section of Sephora while I was waiting to check-out and love it.  The blush is their famous Orgasm color and it's a little brighter than what I was using but is great for summer when I have a tan.  I bought the mini-size to try it out but it's a little tricky with them being so small.  If you can use a little bronze/blush refresher, I'd recommend this but go ahead and invest in the normal size.  Sephora is great about returning products if you don't like them.

5.  Living Proof - Amplifier:  I am so sad to give this a thumbs down.  I was in Ulta looking for my normal hair powder/texturizer and saw this so I decided to try it.  My hair is short and fine so I need some help with volume.  This product has the consistency of a light lotion and the directions say to rub in your hands until it's transparent and then apply it.  It smells nice and didn't leave any greasy residue but also wasn't helpful for volume.  I tried it three times to be sure but unfortunately, it's not a good fit for my hair.

What are your favorite products of the moment?  Don't forget the sunscreen!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment