Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Simple salsa

As you know by now, I am not what you'd call an expert chef.  I love to bake desserts and apps and I rely on Simon to cook everything in between.
This simple salsa recipe is really easy to make and is so tasty.
I shop at my local Publix Supermarket and all of these items are in the produce section.

The recipe I use is from Concord Goods.  It calls for one pound of ripe, juicy tomatoes and diced onions per packet of dry salsa mix.. I have found that plum tomatoes are good because they are easy to dice and are juicy but not too juicy.  I also added green onions to the recipe.  The recipe says that each packet makes a cup of salsa but with extra tomatoes you can stretch it to make a little more.

I love tortilla scoops style chips so I can get a big heap of salsa with each bite.

What is your favorite salsa recipe?  




No comments:

Post a Comment