Sunday, October 20, 2013

Always pay full-price for your clothes

Eeekkkk....did you just read that right? Yes you did.
I am officially "getting old" and suggesting you no longer buy clothes on sale.  This is probably a major violation for girl code but I let me explain more.....
My husband is constantly complaining that my closet is too full.  Too full?  I feel like I have nothing to wear at least twice a week.  How can that be?
Well, I decided to clean out my closet, once again and remove clothes I am not wearing.  Truth is, if it was convenient to get rid of these clothes easily, I'd probably get rid of half my closet.
As I am bagging up my goods to donate, I realize there are more items than I care to admit, that have very little (if any) wear.  How did this happen?

I BOUGHT THEM ON SALE.  Yep, I just realized this.  If I bought only what I needed, I'd have half my closet and way more outfit options.  How have I been caught up in this for so long?
My suggestion to you?  Quality is way better than quantity.  Buy better clothes, shoes and accessories and buy less of them.  Stop shopping the sale racks and buy when you need stuff, not just because of the sale sign.
I will say there are a few exceptions.  Basic cardigans on sale are a good buy.  Cardis are a great cover-up for short sleeve tops or dresses and perfect for a chily workplace.  Most any slacks or skirts either black, navy or camel are okay to grab on sale.  A white button-down is also a safe bet.  
If it has a pattern and you find it on sale, resist making the purchase.  Mostly these are items in a seasonal transition and you will get little wear before the season and/or trend changes.

Okay, you are armed and ready!  Shop, shop, shop...but only when you need something and it's full price.  :)

Here's to a closet full of stuff we'll actually wear.  Happy shopping ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment