Friday, September 27, 2013

Some family you're born with, some you choose

One of my closest, dearest friends sets sail onto a new journey Sunday morning.  My friend of nearly 30 years, Julie heads to Chile with her boyfriend Alex.
Alex got a project at work to install 50 new towers there so off they go.  It's nights like these when you are saying goodbye that you realize some friends are as close as family.
I have known Julie since grade school.  We became fast friends at a very young age and I am proud to still call her my friend today.  She was in my wedding alongside my friend Kate and my sisters.  We have worked together and played together over the years and in just a matter of hours she embarks on a life-changing adventure.  They are expected to be there 12-18 months.
Tonight her sister Christie hosted a going away dinner and we sat around just chit-chatting for hours.  I know her sisters, neices, nephews, in-laws and parents.  They are the type of family that makes their guests feel more like family than visitors.  It was a great time and I will certainly miss having Julie around.
Adios muchacha.  Love you long time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment