Monday, June 8, 2015

Catching up....Destin trip

Playing a little catch-up since Memorial Day weekend.  I was home just a couple days before heading out on a 4-day work retreat.
My work has an annual manager meeting in Destin, Florida and it was the perfect way to kick off sumer. We had a little rain but still got lots of sunshine.  We stayed at Emerald Grande and it really is the perfect location if you want to walk to everything.
View from my room
We had lunch at The Back Porch



Crab Island
I didn't take any pictures of the inside of the condo but here are some from my stay last year.  The water was still a touch cool but with the sun out, it was perfect.

I am hoping to do a couple long weekends, one with Simon and one with the kids.  The little ones are out of school and have already hit us up for a summer vaca.  We have a tradition of taking them on trips when they are on breaks from school and it's something they always look forward to.
Some friends of ours just stayed at South Seas Resort in Captiva Island (they own a timeshare there) and they said it was great so we check that out this summer.

That's it for now friends...I made a couple purchases I'd like to share with you.  Hopefully I get caught up this week and can hop online.  Don't forget to cheer on the ladies in the women's World cup this week.  USA! USA! USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment