Monday, June 22, 2015

Work travel + weekend fun + World Cup

It's the start of another week and I am ready.  For some reason, summertime makes the weeks fly by faster.  I did some traveling for work last week and found a nice spot to recommend....One Ocean in Jacksonville, Florida.
We typically stay in modestly priced hotels but my manager treated us to an extra nice spot.  We usually have late dinners and get started early in the morning so my work travel essentials are a few nice wash cloths and an iron.  We got lucky with an early dinner and I snuck up to my room to watch the US Soccer game and finish up a little work reading.  I couldn't find an iron in my room and when I called to the front desk, I was pleasantly surprised to learn they come pick up clothes for basic steaming at no charge.  Bonus!  I am sad to say that I never even walked downstairs to check out the restaurant or bar but everything I did see was lovely.  Perfect for a weekend getaway spot if you are in the area.


 Just before I left for a few days on the road, my niece Payton and I went to SeaWorld Aquatica



We had a fun afternoon and lines were't too bad.  You can definitely tell it's tourist season in Orlando though.  We have annual passes so I have the packing down pat.  I will share some tips later to help you plan a visit.  

Hope you have a super week!  Don't forget to support the ladies tonight in the FIFA World Cup game! USA! USA! USA!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment