Monday, June 29, 2015

My first NBA Draft Party

Hope you had a great weekend.  I was scheduled to race but Mother Nature sent the rain and won again.  Sunday turned out great so I spent the day with the fam at our summer lake spot.  
Thursday night, I went to my first NBA Draft Party.  I am not really much of a basketball fan but my sis had an extra ticket so they talked me into joining them.     

.
 It was a really fun outing.  The Magic dancers were taking pictures with fans and there were lots of activities all around the arena.
 The girls got to meet the team mascot and it was the highlight of their night.

I posted a picture using their hashtag and the kids got to see it up on the big screen.  So fun!
 
They had free-throw contests and we saw several people hit the shot (from half-court) and win $1,000.  There were kids games, photo ops and they also did a live broadcast of the draft.  The concessions were half-price.  Aside from the long food lines, it was nearly perfect.  
The kids had a great time and I am glad they ended up with an extra ticket because I probably would have never gone to something like this.
Hope you have a super week! Short work schedule for us...we are closed Friday for Independence Day.  Don't forget to cheer on the US soccer team tomorrow night.  USA! USA! USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment