Monday, July 13, 2015

Weekend birthday party + 2 new recipes

Dang, last week slipped right past me.  I hoped to hop online a couple more times but came home late every night.  Simon grabbed some Italian to go for us Friday night and just as I was ready to change into jammies and get ready for the weekend, I realized I needed to run to the grocery store and whip up some desserts for my nephew's birthday Saturday.
For the first dessert, I found a "cake" version of strawberry shortcake.  It is ridiculously simple and seriously takes less than five minutes total.  You can make it whatever size you'd like.
Since I was also making a pie, I went a little smaller on this.
1. Choose your cake pan.  I used a loaf pan since I had to travel with it.  Line the bottom with Twinkies or a similar "cloud cake".
2. Using strawberry glaze, (found in produce section by caramel dips) cover Twinkies with the glaze as much as you'd like.
3. Layer with sliced strawberries.  This took my the longest.  For the loaf pan, I was probably 4-5 strawberries.
4. Top with whipped cream.  That's it! 

I also did a coconut cream pie, per Shane's request.  This recipe is also super simple and no-bake.  My husband talked me into making two of these so we could keep one at home.  :)

 On to the birthday..........Shane turned the big 15!
We had a little summer party for him at the lake and took the kids tubing all day.

 

Now, on to my second recipe.....
 
I recently went to a friend's party and they had a glass dispenser of yummy mojitos.  I had to know the secret for making big batches and to my surprise, they used Crystal Light as the base before adding mint, limes and rum to finish it off.  
From that moment, I must have hit 10 different Wal-Mart and Targets before going online to finish this mix.  It was delivered Monday and I couldn't wait to make a batch.  I did non-alcoholic this time but have a little summer BBQ coming up soon and cannot wait to make a couple gallons.  It was a little more sweet than I expected but once I drank some, I topped off with water and it was perfect.

Hope y'all have a great week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment