Sunday, April 21, 2013

Gone Fishing

This week I went on my first ever fishing trip.  My family is not exactly wired to sit in a boat for eight hours and wait around for a fish to bite so I have never had the fishing experience.  People were surprised to hear that because I grew up on lakes, rivers and beaches living on the coast but the only time I really spent on the water was for weekend ski trips on mostly fresh water lakes.
This trip was more of a corporate outing and we went to Mosquito Lagoon in New Smyrna Beach, about an hour away.
We got to the docks just before 7:00am which is waaayyy too early in my opinion but I didn't get a vote in it.  Nonetheless, we all went out with our guides and shortly thereafter I was learning how to throw the line in the water and reeled in my first catch.

All in all I caught three fish and we were back at the docks for lunch.  We had a great time and my first fishing trip was a success.  Here is my first official fishing photo. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment