Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pinterest Project: Back Porch Cooler Stand

I am ready to plan our first summer party and cannot wait to use the new addition to the Porter family, courtesy of my god friend Pinterest.  It's 99% complete.  Simon wants to add wheels and a little catch can for the bottle tops.  I found a vintage Coca-Cola bottle opener on Etsy.  Check it out.
 
These were some samples I found online.  (search: cooler stand) 
I liked the cedar one and dark stained ones best.  I gave him these pictures and from there I wasn't too picky.  Picking the stain was the biggest decision.  
We ended up going with the Teak colored stain that was somewhat transparent.  
  
Here are some action shots from the project.  He did great on attaching the lid.  It lined up perfect and it has a good seal to keep the drinks cool.  It's time to plan a par-tay, wouldn't you agree?!  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment