Tuesday, March 11, 2014

10 traveling (for work) essentials

I have had a very busy couple weeks.  Work is really busy and I have been on the road more than usual.
Last week was the whirlwind of day trips, working in five separate cities in five days.  I did some driving and some flying and by week's end, I was a packing pro.  Here are some essentials for career travel:
1.  A tote large enough to carry your essentials is helpful.  It is a little annoying to have to carry multiple bags.
2.  My ipad mini is perfect for travel.  I don't need to use it often but it's light and compact and slides right into my bag, should I need it.
3.  Lotion is a must.  I like Crabtree & Evelyn.  It is a super luxe lotion that absorbs nicely.
4.  TicTacs are an everyday essential.
5.  I don't leave home without my Burt's Bees.
6.  I keep composition notebooks on hand for note taking.  I especially like these notebooks because the pages stay in place.  It's also a great size to slide in a tote.
7.  I have chargers in my car, at home and at my office.  I receive at least 100 emails a day so extending my battery keeps me on task.
8.  I learned about #8 the hard way.  I was with someone that is a "late eater".  It was 1:00 and he hadn't even mentioned lunch.  Granola bars are a light snack to keep on hand until you can stop for a bite to eat.
9.  Refill, refill, refill.  
10.Last week I flew two hours north and the temperature was 20+ degrees cooler.  I didn't even think to check before we left.  I looked for rain but didn't check the temps.  A neutral blazer is also perfect if your colleagues decide to grab a drink after a long day at the office.  


No comments:

Post a Comment