Monday, January 13, 2014

10 things I did for the first time 2013

I am a little late to the new year.  I finally did some organizing over the weekend and have that "new year" feeling.  I have some goals set for 2014 but wanted to reflect back on last year.  I had several first-time experiences....some I hope to repeat and some I will leave in the past.

One - I started my blog.

Two - I started wearing a very special ring, my great, great aunt's wedding band I inherited five years ago.

Three - I went to Pensacola, Florida for their traditional weekend-long Mardi Gras celebration.
The company I work at has a big float that we ride on.  I also had my first moon pies.

Four - We painted our home.  This was a first because as a couple, we have never lived in a house more than two or three years before moving, so we never had to do homeowner maintenance.

Five - I took my niece Payton to her first concert, Taylor Swift.

Six - Over the summer I traded in my BMW for a Tahoe.  Less than two months later, I totaled it in an accident towing our racing trailer.  (No injuries)

Seven - I joined an indoor soccer league, for the first time in several years.

Eight - I went to Texas for a NASCAR race.

Nine - Speaking of racing, I raced go karts full-time in 2013 and won two track championships.

Ten - I went fishing for the first time.

This year I plan to add many more "firsts" and lots of new memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment