Monday, January 20, 2014

Find comfort in uncomfortable shoes

The keys are preparation and prevention.  Look good, feel good with these tootsie tips.

1. One of my favorite finds is the Band-Aid brand Friction Stick.  This blister preventor fits in the palm of your hands, goes on smooth without making feet slippery, smells great and does an amazing job preventing pain and blisters.  I have been using this for years and have a stick stashed in my home, purse and office.
I have friends that are runners and they use this regularly.
The key is to apply this just before you put on your shoes.  Once you have pain, it's too late.


2.  My next tip is to purchase some of these foot covers/shoe liners.  They not only help keep your feet from getting slippery when wearing flats or heels but they provide comfort in the ball of your foot with the small cushion sewn into the cute lacey piece.  These are available in a few colors and styles, depending on the shoes you wear.  Check out all their products {HERE}


3.  My last tip to ease a long day of uncomfortable shoes are these foldable flats.  I have several pairs, one in each purse and an emergency set in my car.  These are really thin so they weren't designed to wear for extended periods of time but they are perfect to wear at a wedding reception or the walk out to the car after a long night of dancing.  They really do fold flat and slide in perfectly that small zippered pocket in your purse.  I bought mine at the supermarket but they are also easily available online.  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment