Saturday, September 28, 2013

Taste of fall with cookies & homemade frosting

Fall is officially here.  This weekend temps dropped into the 80's and I made my first cookies inspired by the cooler temps to come.  My first two batches were pumpkin spice and caramel apple cookies.  I don't often frost cookies but today's got cream cheese frosting and they were so tasty.  
I am really looking forward to some cooler weather so I can sip on on Chai Tea and wear my cute scarves.    

It had been so long since I baked that I was short on ingredients.  I had to send Simon up to CVS to pick-up some powdered sugar and we had just bought an extra cream cheese so I had just enough to make some icing.

Here is the recipe I used:
1 block or tub of 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 box of 16 oz powdered sugar (about 4 cups)

Beat cream cheese, vanilla and butter until blended well 
Gradually add sugar and keep beating until blended

So simple and so tasty.  Happy fall y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment