Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dinner in a pinch: Grilled Cheese Slider

Have you ever met someone that can bake but not cook? Sad to say, I am one of those people.
My younger sisters seemed to have picked up cooking skills but somehow I missed out.  I started baking in my married life but have not yet found the confidence for a full on dinner.
My husband travels a good bit for work so I am often left to make my own dinner.  I am happy with a sandwich or a couple small side dishes and recently found a new spin on one of my favorites, the grilled cheese.
As it turns out I was out of sliced bread.  I recently started buying a package of slider rolls for dinner sandwiches so I decided to try them out for a grilled cheese.
Unlike some of my past experiments (attempting a grilled cheese with the toaster turned on it's side--total failure) this one worked.
I flipped the bread but other than that it was a grilled cheese as usual.
  
My favorite toppings with grilled cheese are ham or tomatoes.  The pictures shown above are with ham.

Bon Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment