Sunday, February 17, 2013

A week of love, decorating and racing

I was happy to be home this week after being out of town the last few weekends.  The temps have really dropped the last few days so we are enjoying cooler weather like the rest of the country.
Simon was out of town for Valentine's Day so I had an unconventional celebration this year.  My youngest sister Jessica was really sweet and surprised me with some flowers, candy and a card and then I spent the evening with my sister Holly, my brother-in-law Kyle and my twin nieces Logan and Taylor.  They treated me to a delicious steak dinner and showered me with kisses.
  
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were really busy at work.  We just finished a new model home and have a grand opening in just a couple days.  With a condensed schedule it means we have to hustle to get everything done.  I had four different deliveries of furniture and accessories in three days and somehow got the nearly 2,500 square foot home looking good.  I have a little more work to do tomorrow before we are officially open to the public Tuesday.
Here are a few pics I snapped as we worked to get the rooms put together.  I'll post some of the finished look once we get the final touches in place.


After a busy work-week I was in bed early and up before the sun Saturday to head to the track.  My Dad and I ran at Dirt Devils Speedway in Land O' Lakes, Florida.  Its a couple hours from where we live so we were on the road at 5:00am.  After some track prep delays due to rain earlier in the week, races finally ended at 11:30 last night and I got home about 1:30 this morning.  20 hours straight.  
We both had pretty good finishes but I am tired, bruised and sore today.  I normally go wash my kart on Sunday but I was overdue for rest.  Simon was also able to spend the afternoon home so we decided to make it an order-out night for dinner and catch up from the week.

  
I have another busy week ahead of me.  We have some events planned at work for the new model home opening and I am headed to Daytona Beach Thursday to watch the NASCAR race.  As it turns out, Danica Patrick, the only female racing was the fastest today and made history as the first female to be in the starting position for the Daytona 500.  Go Danica Go!    






No comments:

Post a Comment