Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A few drink ideas for the non-drinker

I am back from my first summer getaway and brought back a few recipes to share.  I am not much of a drinker.  I am actually barely a drinker.  I was always playing soccer and never really tried enough drinks to find something I like.  What I don't like are the tastes of beer and liquor so my drinks are super fruity and sweet to mask the liquor taste.
If you have a friend like me, you are in luck....I have a few recipes to share.

Drink #1: Pineapple upside down cake -
I found this on Pinterest.  It's super simple with just three ingredients.  Equal parts either vanilla or cake flavored vodka and pineapple juice plus a splash of grenadine.  Serve it chilled.  This seriously tastes just like the name.

Drink #2:  Rumchata shot -
This was recommended by a friend at work.  When I looked online, this can be mixed with Bailey's, Fireball, Caramel Vodka, Goldschlager or Butterscotch Schnapps.  I don't know which of these mixtures I had but the RumChata was easy to drink when it was chilled (shot portion) but some of the guys thought it was too sweet.


Drink #3: Coconut Mojito -
Okay, I didn't make these but I did have a couple at a restaurant, Boshamps that we ate dinner at.  I don't know that this is the exact recipe and the bartender told me you really need some skills for a good Mojito but it's worth a shot.
Squeeze of half a lime 6 mint leaves, 1 oz. Ciroc Coconut Vodka, .5 oz. coconut rum, 1 oz. pineapple juice, .25 oz. cream of coconut, splash of soda, Sprig of mint and lime wedge for garnish.

What are your current faves for summer parties?

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go girl!!! Love these recipes. I can't wait to try the coconut mojito!! Yummy

    ReplyDelete